Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Not to sound like an asshole...

I love those lead-ins because they mean exactly what they say they don't mean. With that said, it took me forever to type up a journal entry for class just now. It will take me a fraction of that time to do this post and I'll be exponentially happier in the process and afterwards.

Things that piss me off in NYC

1. Old people - who walk slowly. It's the New York "fast" mentality getting to me. I can't stand when my forward momentum has come to a sluggish pace because someone just can't hit my breakneck walking speeds. Double the annoyance if the street is crowded.

2. Little kids - who are old/big enough to walk but are still in strollers. I don't know, this really gets to me for some reason. Maybe because it's a simple thing that can prevent BIGger problems for the kid in the future. Who knows, it's just annoying to see. Kind of leads into the next one...

3. Small Dogs - who are already full grown. Puppies are fine, more than ok. Small/minis? Nope. Usually bratty dogs who just snap a lot. I'm convinced that they're stupid (small brains, it's science). Also, come on people...enough with carrying dogs in your arms or in bags...they've got legs. Twice as many as we do even. They also don't need clothes...it's called fur/hair. If you own one of these, I'm sorry. I still don't like them though.

Rant over. Luckily for me I never see all of these things at once. Some would say that I'm becoming an angry New Yorker. I say that I'll get better - look, I stopped making fun of hipsters. Or, I've curbed it at least.

4 comments:

la said...

die hipster scum!

and yes, it's kind of like when someone says..."i'm not racist, but...[insert racist joke here]" and you think, "they are TOTALLY racist..." hahah

Kristine Dahl said...

[sigh]

i almost completely agree. i have a much higher tolerance for the elderly. angry new yorker = perpetually annoyed = not a good thing

Krizia said...

word 'em up holmes.

so I was running near the Hudson when a man in front of me decides to STOP out of nowhere, and he has the nerve to tell ME to watch where I'M going?!

Ugh. so please add to the list:

4. New Yorkers who think the world revolves around them just because they're natives. They need to face it. None of them are natives. This is Immigration Nation. Psh.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAA it's science.