Thursday, December 11, 2008

Faces of Carolina

Before I get to my guests, I have to backfill. I left my laptop charger elsewhere and wasn't able to upload yesterday's picture (I actually did take it yesterday though).

Notice something? Yep, not enough warm stuff. It's starting to get ridiculous for my California ass (that's right East Coast folk, California...not "Cali"). Layering is saving me right now and I'm not sure if I'll be getting any new digs anytime soon. Despite it all, I think that my threshold for cold is definitely changing. As a friend said earlier this week, "there's a huge difference between 20 and 40 degrees."

And now...the first ever (officially titled, at least) Faces of Carolina - Hai, Jae, Sherlyn and Kristine!
Familiar faces change my mood more than I ever could have imagined. When I moved out here, I knew that it would be fun showing people around and exploring the city with friends. These visits have been therapeutic though, as if they brought some of the calm from home. Even though I only see people for a few hours, it keeps me going until I'm actually back in California. Yeah, a bit of a quick fix I suppose but when it comes to home I'm a junkie. I love New York (that is probably the first time I've typed those four words consecutively) but it's not where I'm meant to be in the long-run. At least, it doesn't seem that way right now.

3 comments:

camille said...

who the efffff say "cali"!?! that irritates me

tipsy blog commenting *weeoooweeeowooo!

Keeks said...

hmmm.. camille is right. i think east coasters say cali. and i have somehow been starting to say it. dang. i need to go back to cali-fornia to rediscover my roots.

Kat said...

I think I have been saying it too!!! Without realizing it! Dammit!

Although the other day I DID say hella in Boston for the first time! I was so amazed!