
-Went to the gym for the 2nd time in as many days. Walked into a bodega to get a gatorade or something and was really tempted to get a beer. Wow. If I had less self-control, I actually would have been better off just staying at home on my ass.
-I tell ya, I don't enjoy Euro tourists. For some reason, they just bug. It's like they're trying to reclaim the land or something. Hey Frenchie, haven't you read a newspaper? We got a black president. PoC are taking over now.

-I love the L-Train. Best character on the show hands down. Yeah, I know, City Guys had Gunner Stahl from D2 as well as mini Rufio and the Pinesol lady. Hell, even Nick Cannon got his start there. But still, L-Train (Lionel) was a man of honor. Today though, the L Train was straight up crazy. Reminded me that I always have to keep on my toes out here.
First, some Euro girls (high teens maybe 20s?) are just annoying as hell, random jibber jabber. It's Friday at 6:30pm, people want to get home. STFU. Talking is only allowed after 7:30. Jeez. Anyhow, they were gonna to a tanning salon or something. Whatever, I got over it.
Then comes a homeless coming through the train for money. It's common enough so that usually I acknowledge the person and then give change depending on my mood/change in my pocket. This guy though, he broke my cool demeanor. I don't know, I just felt for the guy. He seemed nice enough. Sadly had a stump and an attachment at the knee. My mind just thought, "what's his story?" Immediately I thought "veteran". Whether this man was or not, it just made me think of the crappy situation so many are in when they come back from battle. Many hoping for more than they had before serving. It shook me. Foreal.
Next, some girl walks to the bench I'm sitting at and says something to the woman next to me. Poor impression of Sam Jackson (I shit you not). I drop it, again, figuring that she's just trying to be funny. Then she offers the woman a dollar. The woman says she doesn't need it. What ensues was just too intense for me. Standing says that sitting has been stalking her so it's ok to counter stalk. The whole time, sitting avoids eye contact and tries not to escalate the sitch. It goes on for five minutes and here I am thinking "is wayne brady gonna have to * a b*?" Literally thought a knife would get pulled or something. So I maintain eye contact, try to show that I'm on sitting's side. The annoying girls from 2 parafos before interject actually helping out in a silly way. Standing leaves. I check with sitting, she's ok. Never met the other woman. Now the fun part...guess the races of our two characters!
Man, eff Pelham 123. Maybe I'll watch it, but mainly because Denzel rarely takes shit parts. But honestly my day on the L beats the 4, 5, 6 (yes my friends, that movie DOES NOT take place on the 1, 2, 3 - those DO NOT go to Pelham Bay Park). My ride home had "Mean Girls" (Romanian Edition), "The Soloist" (minus the strings) and "Wicker Park" (not sure if that movie had stalking or not...I told you, this is rapid fire). And now I'm home.
5 comments:
"the soloist" w/o strings made me lol. feel you on this one.
had a horrible day with public trans, as well. WUWF indeed.
eProps!
excellent rapid-fire on your cross-fire encounters!
loved this post.
WUWF is about to take the world by storm.
haha we look like the mark carolino fan club. fetch.
the good stuff may be a misnomer...
Post a Comment