Getting out of the City is such a fresh of breath air sometimes. I've got love for the crowded streets, hole-in-the-wall joints, cramped subway rides and aromas of urine and dog crap. I really do. Sometimes though, I just need SPACE. Normal space. Not outer space.
We took the Metro North up to White Plains, NY for the 4th weekend. From the surface, nothing special there. We went to the suburbs, basically. The suburbs never felt so good.
SUPERmarkets.
Aisles that fit 3 BIG shopping carts.
Minivans.
Target.
All things that I feel like I haven't seen in forever. All things that remind me of Burbank. It was a good change. A necessary change. A change that I'd only be able to stand for 48 hours.
Perhaps city escapes should be more regular. They're starting to reach cruc level.
And now, back to your regularly scheduled urine smells.
No comments:
Post a Comment