"You're a cool guy"
That was the response from a friend when I told her that I have this itch to walk a different route every so often. Partly out of fear that my time here is limited and that I should crawl every inch, explore every crevice in the city. Partly to escape routine. Partly because I have no idea where I want to go and I'd rather not stop. So just keep walking.
Last week I got out of class and just walked down to the Lower East Side. Didn't find anything that I wanted eat/walk into/do. Turned around. Walked north back to the East Ville. Didn't have any set destination, just wanted to find something. It happens a lot. I just don't feel like going home yet. To tell you truth, I end up just getting tired of walking and turning back.
No metaphor here really, though I'm sure I could easily dig one up and make this an "aha!" moment to share with the blogosphere. It's just something that tends to happen out here a lot. I don't mind it, but I notice it.
2 comments:
no title is by accident. no title means exactly what it seems.
Post a Comment