Lists are always fun, especially Top 10s/Top N's. Kudos to Owen for his look into some of the top PCN comedic moments. Although mine isn't a ranking, and doesn't even have 10 entries, I made somewhat of an addendum to Owen's. Perhaps best to read his first because some of my faves moments are included. Enjoy.
In no particular order...
-PCN 2006 - You ungrateful child!, Photographs - The mother-son chase was extremely clever and am amazing throwback to Benny Hill. To simulate that sort of stop-motionesque effect on stage is a risk that only someone lacking proper judgment would take. I love it.
-PCN 2006 - Another Fo-Shiz moment, Dance Skit - "What? That hula garbage won? Gimme this check! Imma buy somethin with this..."
- PCN 2006 - Uncle Boy loves his niece, Modern Folktale - You can't have comedy without a little bit of incest. Only 2 words, but he made them count (ok, maybe 3 words including the exclamation) - "She's a good girl...whoooo...she's goooooood"
-PCN 2007 - Jazz dancing aliens. Some were birds, others were weird-ass foreheaded things. Although I give props to all of the fellas for donning the wannabe jabbawockee masks, nicky cabal's face during "All in this Together" trumps them all"
-PCN 2006 - Mark laughs at inappropriate times, National Heroes - I know, this scene is probably the least funny of all PCNs, but here we go. Christine as Flor, Nolan as therapist. With Flor scrubbing/cleaning and not suspecting the attack from her employer, the sicko begins the barrage with "Flor, you missed a spot." I may have been the only person to LOL during this, but that's a testament to my love of puns and apathy of sensitive issues.
-PCN 2006 - The Kiss that Never Ended,The Silent Skit - [SPOILER ALERT] - Chris and Jade, the protagonists, locked lips like no other as they waited for the Jabbawockeez villain to foil the happy ending. He came just in the nick of time though because if the kiss lasted any longer, Chris would have died even sooner. Oh yeah, thank goodness for the fairy/butterfly thing too.
-PCN 2006 - Modern botany, Modern Folktale - I think the world also missed out on this scene. Tito Boy, with transformed tabo in hand, walks across the living room while his sister-in-law chops veggies in a rage. As she notices that her flower is no longer in the pot, tito boy 180s the completely opposite direction. I'll have to watch this again, but I think she was actually present when Tito gave Jon-Jon the transformer.
-PCN 2006 - Is this really the best bathtub we could afford?, Tuning Up - Prop mishaps are hilarious and when your prop is a bathtub, you've got some no-fail adlib to work with. As Jeffrey's character sat in the tipping tub, I think everyone in Zellerbach cringed a bit. Kudos to Jeffrey and Ruben for working with it though. It just makes me think "why would that ever happen to a bath tub?"
Oh yes, and let's not forget Brian Manois walking through Jeff and Frances' hands and saying hello to the world. Genius.
2 comments:
haha, that was definitely one of the best fo shizz lines. and i don't know if the flowerpot joke translated well to stage, it was pretty funny in my head, haha.
i have YET to see the neverending kiss. maybe because i have yet to see the silent skit in its entirety.
i'm a big fan of reggie's characters.
Post a Comment