Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Turning the Interview Tables

For the past few weeks I've been back on the other side of the interview table. As a way to enhance my understanding of the Student Affairs department at UCOP, I have been conducting informational interviews with directors of various units such as Admissions, Financial Aid, Communications and Early Academic Outreach. I knew that I would be gaining a broader understanding of Student Affairs work at UCOP, but I really got a great look into people's histories and paths.

I'm extremely thankful for the advice that these professionals have given me. Even though I know that I should "always ask questions" or "follow my interests," I like knowing that these folks still carry those ideas and values. When I think of how difficult it must be to work in this environment at this point in history, I give them all the more respect. These are some progressive, hard-working, intelligent individuals.

No comments: