I've been "time-machining" a lot lately, reliving what I've documented and mentally piecing together the voids left where I forgot to document. The mix of [over]abundant free time and dwindling time home are my alibis. Regardless of reason, I've tapped into the xanga files, the depths of facebook pics, wall-to-walls, gchat logs (I'll explain this to you one day, Peezy) and even physical photographs.
Perhaps it's a trip down memory lane before the big trip in 2 weeks. It's dawning on me that this next step is in fact the beginning of a completely new chapter in my life. I'm leaving my 2 homes in California. My many familes. My favorite places to eat. And I leave hoping to find a new home. New family. New places to eat. It's a whole lot of NEW.
Those who know me well know that I don't look too far in the future, even when the future doesn't seem as eventful as a life-changing move. Looking back has been nice though. I've remembered funny stories, been proud of myself, cursed myself, laughed at myself. I've stumbled onto great images, some great songs on my life's soundtrack and youtube-worthy clips of the last 5 or so years.
A few pages left in this chapter, I'll remind myself to keep the pen in hand.
2 comments:
so what'd you dig up from the last 3 years??? anything interesting? ;)
see you soon <3
I love looking back at great and not so great memories. CA and your friends and family will miss you!
I bet you already ordered the movie didn't you?
Post a Comment